HCG Diet Guide
Eastside Primary Care and Wellness would like to introduce a new method for shedding those unwanted pounds. Losing weight with the HCG diet has been found to be the quickest way to lose weight without sacrificing your health and metabolism. Many people lose a pound a day and sometimes more. Imagine a month from now weighing 30 pounds less!
A Little History
HCG is the acronym for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a substance produced by the placenta during pregnancy in large amounts.
HCG for weight loss was discovered by British endocrinologist, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. Dr. Simeons, while studying pregnant women on a calorie-deficient diet, and “fat boys” with pituitary problems (Frölich's syndrome) treated his patients low-dose HCG, claimed that both groups lost fat rather than muscle. He theorized that HCG must be programming the hypothalamus (part of the brain that deals with hormones) to do this in these patients in order to protect the developing fetus by promoting mobilization and removal of abnormal, excessive fat deposits. We have based our HCG diet on his original weight loss protocol.
How Does it Work?
The HCG diet protocol works by telling the hypothalamus to release your stored body fat. A small amount of HCG hormone can cause your stored body fat to be released. The HCG diet is effective in both males and females.
The calories you eat on the HCG diet protocol are low, typically 500 calories a day. The HCG diet plan is restrictive to prevent the fat cells from storing new fat and the new fat from being stored in the adipose tissues while you are actively on the HCG diet.
Remember there are 3 primary sources of fuel for the body.
- Protein, Carbohydrates and Fats.
- Your body will use Carbohydrates 1st, then Protein 2nd and Fat 3rd , when it can.
- By restricting your intake while on the HCG diet protocol of carbohydrates and fats, you are forcing your body to use your body’s stored fat, from your fat cells, first for energy.
- This adipose tissue, body fat, will be released by the HCG hormone while on the HCG diet protocol into your blood stream and fuel your body while the excess gets excreted as waste.
Phase 1 Schedule
Days 1 and 2
- Take the HCG drops (0.5 mL under the tongue) once a day.
- Eat as often as you like throughout the day. This will increase your body’s fat storage to prepare you for the 500 calorie per day limit on day 3 – 42
- Drink 1 gallon of bottle spring water throughout the day.
Days 3 – 40
Weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up without clothing and after you have emptied your bladder.
- Take the HCG drops (0.5 mL under the tongue) first thing in the morning or in evening.
- Drink 1 gallon of bottle spring water/tea/coffee throughout the day.
- You may only eat things on the Phase 1 diet list. Your caloric intake should not exceed 500 calories per day, which consists of protein, vegetable and fruit.
- Take the Energy Xtra supplement (2 capsules with food) every morning.
- Drink a Protein Shake (1 scoop in 8 oz of water) every morning.
Days 41 – 42
Continue to follow the phase 1 diet on days 41 – 42 because the HCG will remain in your system for 24 to 48 hours.
Diet Guide (quick tips)
500 calorie/day breakdown:
- 300 calories of protein per day
- 120 calories of fruit per day
- 80 calories of vegetables per day
- Bottled spring water
- Organic black coffee (no creamer, no dairy, no sugar)
- Organic green tea
- Organic herbal teas
- Drink plenty of tea and bottle spring water.
- You may have fruit for breakfast and have the second fruit any time through out the day as long as it is 3 hours before bed.
Lunch and Dinner:
- Eat 100 grams, approx. 3.5 oz. of protein (size of the palm of the hand).
- Use organic coconut oil (do not use butter or margarine).
- Vegetables can be eaten raw, steamed, or grilled.
- 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, and 2 fruits per day.
- NO nuts, soy/tofu, legumes (beans), or dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese).
- NO starchy carbs like rice, bread or pasta (except for Melba toast or Grissini breadsticks).
- NO starchy vegetables like corn, peas, carrots or potatoes.
- Use Stevia as a sweetener. NO sugar or artificial sweeteners (Splenda, Nutrasweet).
Would you like our HCG Diet Guide? Download it HERE!
NEW! Vegetarians Rejoice! Would you like our Vegetarian HCG Diet Guide? Download it HERE!
Check out this awesome article on what to eat and what to avoid when on this lifestyle!
HCG Frequently Asked Questions
If HCG works so well for weight loss, why don’t pregnant women lose weight?
HCG works to mobilize fat for utilization by the body only when there is a significant decrease in calories and fat. A starvation state must exist for HCG to work. For weight loss, we use a very low calorie diet to trigger HCG to help rid the body of fat.
Will my metabolism slow down if I’m on a very low calorie diet?
Normally when we cut back our calories and fat, our bodies store fat and our metabolisms slow down. This happens because fat is really a life-saving source of stored energy. When a very low calorie diet is used with HCG, the body is signaled to use the fat that is stored for energy or for elimination.
Wouldn’t I lose the same amount of weight eating a very low calorie diet without HCG?
You can lose weight by simply eating fewer calories and fat, but because the body stores fat during times of deprivation, you will most likely lose muscle and bone before fat. This causes cellular metabolism to slow down, so in the long run, it would make gaining weight easier.
The HCG diet is very low in calories, so will I get hungry?
Because HCG mobilizes fat and makes it available to the body as an energy source, it naturally reduces appetite. So, even though you are taking in fewer calories, your body is able to access the energy you have stored. Some may initially feel very hungry at the start of the diet plan, but eventually most have plenty of energy and feel good while on the program. For those who need help curbing their appetite in the beginning, an appetite suppressant can be prescribed.
How much weight can I expect to lose on the program?
On average, patients lose around 20 pounds per month.
Is there anything additional I can do if I have problems losing the 1 pound per day?
Vitamin IV infusions. These tailored infusions give you nutrients to help mobilize fat and lower cholesterol. We specifically add nutrients, such as methionine, inositol and choline, which play important roles in the body’s use of fat, and chromium which helps to regulate blood sugar to curb cravings.
Remember, HCG is not a magic wand. It does not cure or eradicate obesity, but weight loss is rapid, comfortable, and the maintenance period after treatment runs a smoother course. The HCG diet is an appropriate approach to the treatment of obesity that also includes a behavior modification program as well as pharmacological and dietary aspects. When properly managed, the result is rapid weight loss and improved body shape after treatment.